Sunday, October 31, 2010


This was an ephemeral (temporary/doesn't last very long/was only there for 6 hours) piece for my Installation class at NSCAD U. I prestented this on the night of nocturne on the 16th of october. This project awakened my passionate side which was put away for god knows how long. It gets some air everytime I cook and make sandwiches but holy shit. The assignment was to come up with something ephemeral and sight responsive. After presenting a crappy moth disco ball idea to the Instructor, I had to think harder. I wish I didn't throw out what I drew for that idea. In retrospect, it's hilarious. I thought about the growth of nature in urban environments and how it will settle in wherever it sees fit. It was then that I knew that I had to make a display case around a weed growing through a crack in the sidewalk. I told Terri and we went to check out the site for some weeds. We got there, and as soon as I start relaxing my shoulders and taking a deep breath to prepare myself for what I thought would be a lot of walking around and worrying about potential problems that might come up, Terri goes "THERE!". I look and there's the absolute best possible weed I could ever imagine working with. My exhale felt amazing. It could have been a long day, but Terri saved it from being so. Thanks Terri! She took the photo too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT

My photo
Halifax, NS, Canada
I am an artist from Richmond, British Columbia. I currently study at NSCAD.

MORE ART

FOLLOWERS